In order to get the most out of your laser hair removal course, it is important to follow the correct steps before and after your treatment. Preparation is key when it comes to laser and the more you put in, the more you are likely to get out of your treatment.
Prior to your laser hair removal treatment, we advise:
● To shave the areas that are going to be treated 12 hours before the treatment
● To exfoliate the areas that are going to be treated 12 hours before the treatment
● To avoid body lotions, deodorant and make-up on the day of treatment
After your laser hair removal treatment, we advise:
● To avoid the gym, saunas and swimming 24-72 hours after treatment
● To avoid hot showers and baths
● To avoid perfumed skin products e.g. shower gel and body lotion
During your whole laser course we advise:
● To avoid sitting in the sun completely, if you have had any sun exposure we may be unable to treat you
● To avoid wearing fake-tan of all kinds. This includes sunbeds, spray tans and bottle tans
● To only shave hair in between sessions, do not pluck or use any other hair removal methods
● Always wear an SPF 30 or above
Every persons laser journey is different, as everyone will need a different number of sessions depending on the thickness and darkness of the hair. It is important that you follow the above steps, to ensure the best possible outcome from your laser hair removal with Skin HQ.